Math Can Happen
Instructor: Sandra Seifert
Monday, June 17, 2013 - Tuesday, June 18, 2013
MT // 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: Devils Lake Middle School, Devils Lake, ND
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $125
This course will teach how to locate and use math activities for inclusion (special needs) students and their parents, as well as the normal classroom math activities. Helpful hints will be presented for parent programs and newsletters. The use of technology should cut the cost of inclusion projects. Title I teachers will benefit in planning parent's nights and individualizing math plans.
- To learn the research process for topical/curricular materials via internet.
- To locate innovative math activities for inclusion students and parent involvement.
- To learn how to produce district newsletters and organize a parent's night.
- To search for quality speakers and plan student assemblies.
- To plan an entire program for inclusion math including a web site to supplement in-class activities.