Game Based Learning Series: Capitalization and Punctuation
Instructor: Sue Lundgren
Monday, August 25, 2014 - Friday, December 19, 2014
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $160
Class Offered Through eEducators
This Game Based Learning series consists of courses in which participants will be creating ready-to-use games, locating online sites to support the language arts/math curriculum and learning how to modify popular games into learning tools. At the end of each course, participants will walk away with a large resource of ideas and supportive materials aligned with district, state, and/or national standards.
1. Read research based articles on the benefits of utilizing learning games in the classroom.
2. Reflect on assessing game based learning.
3. Explore the standards for English Language Arts. http://www.ncte.org/standards/ncte-ira.
4. Create capitalization and punctuation games based on state and/or district standards.
5. Locate interactive online sites supporting state or district standards.
The required reading is found in a collection of web sites.
About The Instructor
Susan Lundgren earned an M.A. in Elementary Education from Minot State University and a B.A. double major in Elementary Education and English Literature from Bethel College in St. Paul. Susan had over 40 years of experience teaching elementary school. She also has experience instructing graduate level and adult education courses. Susan received the Teacher of the Month Award from the West Fargo Chamber of Commerce and was also a recipient of the KVLY Teacher of the Month award.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.