Game Based Learning Series: Phonics
Instructor: Sue Lundgren
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $160
Class Offered Through eEducators
This Game Based Learning series consists of courses in which participants will be creating ready-to-use games, locating online sites to support the language arts/math curriculum and learning how to modify popular games into learning tools. At the end of each course, participants will walk away with a large resource of ideas and supportive materials aligned with district, state, and/or national standards.
As a result of this participation in this course, students will:
1. Read research based articles on the benefits of utilizing games in the classroom.
2. Reflect on assessing game based learning.
3. Explore the standards for English Language Arts. http://www.ncte.org/about/over/standards/110846.htm.
4. Create phonics games based on state and/or district standards.
5. Locate interactive online phonics sites supporting state or district standards.
The required reading is found in a collection of web sites.
About The Instructor
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.