Game Based Learning Series: Math
Instructor: Judy Kvaale
Monday, August 25, 2014 - Friday, December 19, 2014
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $160
Class Offered Through eEducators
This Game Based Learning series consists of courses in which participants will be creating ready-to-use games, locating online sites to support the language arts/math curriculum and learning how to modify popular games into learning tools. At the end of each course, participants will walk away with a large resource of ideas and supportive materials aligned with district, state, and/or national standards.
As a result of this participation in this course, students should:
1. Read research based articles and reflect on the benefits of utilizing games in the classroom.
2. Reflect on assessing game based learning.
3. Explore the National Council of Teachers of Mathematic (NCTM) standards and expectations.
4. Create math games based on state and/or district standards.
5. Locate interactive online sites that support state or district math standards.
About The Instructor
Judy Kvaale earned an M.S. in Elementary Education from Minot State University. Judy also earned a B.A. in Elementary Education, with a minor in reading. Judy has over 35 years of experience as a third grade teacher as well as experience instructing graduate classes and adult education. Judy also received the West Fargo Chamber of Commerce Teacher of the Month award.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.