Game Based Learning Series: Parts of Speech
Instructor: Judy Kvaale
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $160
Partner Class Offered Through eEducators
This Game Based Learning series consists of courses in which participants will be creating ready-to-use games, locating online sites to support the language arts/math curriculum and learning how to modify popular games into learning tools. At the end of each course, participants will walk away with a large resource of ideas and supportive materials aligned with district, state, and/or national standards.
1. Read research based articles on the benefits of utilizing games in the classroom.
2. Reflect on assessing game based learning.
3. Explore the standards for English Language Arts. http://www.ncte.org/about/over/standards/110846.htm.
4. Create parts of speech games based on state and/or district standards.
5. Locate interactive online sites supporting state or district standards.