Children’s Literature & the Internet
Instructor: A. Bodeau
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $295
Partner Class Offered Through IT4Educators
This course is designed for classroom teachers, reading teachers, and library media specialists in grades K-5. Learn how to integrate a variety of online resources into the curriculum including book reviews, reading lists, lesson plans, and other websites that will help promote the teaching of children's literature.
As a result of this participation in this course, students should:
1. Use Moodle (online discussion board) to participate in online discussions.
2. Explore author/illustrator websites that support your specific grade level/curricular area.
3. Compile an annotated reading list that support your specific grade level/curricular area.
4. Learn what to include in a book review and write a book review of a children's book.
5. Learn about children's literature and technology integration.
6. Create a literature lesson that integrates the Internet.