Children’s Literature & the Internet
Instructor: Andrea Bodeau
Monday, August 25, 2014 - Friday, December 19, 2014
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Course Fee: $295
Class Offered Through IT4Educators
This course is designed for classroom teachers, reading teachers, and library media specialists in grades K-5. Learn how to integrate a variety of online resources into the curriculum including book reviews, reading lists, lesson plans, and other websites that will help promote the teaching of children's literature.
As a result of this participation in this course, students should:
1. Use Moodle (online discussion board) to participate in online discussions.
2. Explore author/illustrator websites that support your specific grade level/curricular area.
3. Compile an annotated reading list that support your specific grade level/curricular area.
4. Learn what to include in a book review and write a book review of a children's book.
5. Learn about children's literature and technology integration.
6. Create a literature lesson that integrates the Internet.
About The Instructor
Andrea Bodeau earned her M.S. in Information Media from St. Cloud State University. Her B.A. in Broadfield Social Studies was earned from the University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire. Andrea has over 15 years of experience as a library media specialist, and was previously a social studies teacher.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.