Young Adult Literature & the Internet
Instructor: A. Bodeau
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $295
Partner Class Offered Through IT4Educators
This course is designed for language arts teachers, library media specialists and classroom teachers who use literature in a content area in grades 6-12. Learn how to integrate a variety of online resources into the curriculum including book reviews, reading lists, lesson plans, and other websites that will help promote the teaching of young adult literature.
As a result of this participation in this course, students should:
- Use Moodle (online discussion board) to participate in online discussions.
- Explore author/illustrator websites that support your specific grade level/curricular area.
- Compile an annotated reading list that supports a unit in a specific grade level/curricular area.
- Learn what to include in a book review and write a book review of a young adult book.
- Learn about young adult literature and technology integration.
- Create a literature lesson that integrates the Internet.