Assessment with Technology
Instructor: R. Semans
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $410
Partner Class Offered Through IT4Educators
This online course will assist educators with implementing technology into assessments and lesson planning. Educators will read and research literature on types of assessments, how to structure a unit or lesson around Backward Design and integrate technology into assessments. Students will also build on past assessment experiences to make future experiences more relevant, meaningful, and motivational.
As a result of this participation in this course, students should:
1. Use prior knowledge and new learning to create assessments and assessment activities using various technology packages and software.
2. Reflect upon prior knowledge and learned knowledge in your classroom.
3. Research the uses of technology integration in the classroom and reflect upon past units or lessons to help with student's motivation in the future.
4. Reflect upon your current assessment and teaching styles.
5. Transfer non-Microsoft Office applications into Microsoft Office applications.