Assessment with Technology
Instructor: Ryan Semans
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Course Fee: $410
Class Offered Through IT4Educators
This online course will assist educators with implementing technology into assessments and lesson planning. Educators will read and research literature on types of assessments, how to structure a unit or lesson around Backward Design and integrate technology into assessments. Students will also build on past assessment experiences to make future experiences more relevant, meaningful, and motivational.
As a result of this participation in this course, students should:
1. Use prior knowledge and new learning to create assessments and assessment activities using various technology packages and software.
2. Reflect upon prior knowledge and learned knowledge in your classroom.
3. Research the uses of technology integration in the classroom and reflect upon past units or lessons to help with student's motivation in the future.
4. Reflect upon your current assessment and teaching styles.
5. Transfer non-Microsoft Office applications into Microsoft Office applications.
About The Instructor
Ryan graduated from Winona State University with a Degree in Elementary Education. Ryan is currently a Professional Development Coordinator for an instructional technology company and is a former 5th grade teacher and Technology Integration Specialist at Osseo Area Schools located just miles away from Minneapolis, MN. During his time as a 5th grade teacher, Ryan went back to school and earned his Master's Degree in Education from the University of St. Mary's. He enjoys collaborating, training, and preparing K-12 teachers as they work to meet the needs of 21st century learners. During his teaching career, Ryan has been a part of a professional team that earned the TIES Technology Team of the Year Award. He has also been on successful technology grant writing teams to enhance and advance technology integration for Osseo Area Schools.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.