Using Technology to Implement Theme Based Activities
Instructor: R. Semans
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $410
Partner Class Offered Through IT4Educators
This course uses online, step-by-step tutorials, Microsoft Windows applications, other educational applications, internet resources, and State and National curriculum standards to create theme-based (curricular or cross-curicular) technology infused lessons and activities. You will learn how to be more efficient in lesson preparation and presentation with the use of technology. While taking and completing this course at your own pace, you will be creating motivational and relevant classroom projects. These projects will be evidence of your learning and will inlcude classroom templates, teacher support materials, student samples and assessment tools. Learners will also participate in online disussion.
As a result of this participation in this course, students should:
- Use Atomic Learning (online software tutorials) to increase knowledge-base of Microsoft Word and related lessons.
- Create a five day theme-based unit incorporating the Microsoft Windows applicaions into the classroom routine to increase teacher and student productivity.
- Determine State curricular areas/academic standards in your classroom to incorporate learned technology.
- Identify National Technology Standards (ISTE).
- Use research to investigate and reflect upon your teaching experiences.
- Create project assignments that foster higher-level thinking skills using online assessment tools.
- Research and use various search strategies.