SMART™ Notebook Software in the Classroom
Instructor: A. Bodeau
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $410
Partner Class Offered Through IT4Educators
So you have access to a SMART™ Board-- now what! (Note: - having your own SMART™ Board is NOT required for this class. Students can use the SMART™ Notebook software separately from the SMART™ Board itselt.) This course uses online, step-by-step tutorials, discussion boards, and Internet resources to help you learn how to use SMART™ Notebook software in the classroom. Students will learn the basics of how to use the Notebook software and also creative ideas for how to integrate and use in your classroom and curriculum.
As a result of participation in this course, students should:
- Read and reflect on current research about interactive whiteboards and its impact on the classroom.
- Use Atomic Learning (online software tutorials) to learn the basics of how to use the SMART™ Notebook software.
- Generate a list of potential curriculum areas/units that can be used with Notebook software.
- Modify SMART™ Notebook lessons that has already been created and modify it for your own use based on state standards.
- Create a bibliograghy of five interactive websites that fit your grade level/curriculum area.
- Design a unit using the SMART™ Lesson Activity Toolkit for your grade level/curriculum.
- Use Moodle (online discussion board) to participate in online discussions.