Effective Email Communication for Teaching & Learning
Instructor: Rojanne Brown
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $295
Partner Class Offered Through IT4Educators
This course has been designed for K-12 educators who wish to streamline information sharing and collaboration, thereby affording a more productive teaching and learning environment. Working at your own pace throughout this course, you will use online, step-by-step tutorials and Internet resources to learn how to manage email communications, maintain your contacts, cope with your calendar, and track your tasks. You will also investigate how email can be used as a tool to enhance student learning.
Required software: Microsoft Outlook 2001 or higher (PC or Mac)
As a result of participating in this course, students will:
Use Atomic Learning (online software tutorials) to learn how to use Microsoft Outlook effectively to:
- Work with attachments
- Maintain contacts and create distribution lists
- Manage appointments and tasks
- Use Moodle (online discussion board) to access and share information.
- Strategize storeage and organization of communication information.
- Understand student email safety and etiquette.
- Develop a plan to use email to increase student learning.
No textbook associated with this course.