Document Cameras in the Classroom
Instructor: Rojanne Brown
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $410
Partner Class Offered Through IT4Educators
Integrate a document camera (visual presenter) seamlessly into your classroom. Learn how to engage and motivate your students as they interact with authentic content using the visual capabilities of the document camera. Working at your own pace throughout the course, you will use online, step-by-step tutorials and Internet resources to apply new knowledge and skills to instructional practice.
You do not need a document camera (visual presenter) in your classroom to take this course, but you will need access to a document camera and a data projector when you apply what you have learned in your own classroom.
As a result of participation in this course, students will:
- Read and reflect on current research regarding visual learning in the 21st Century classroom.
- Discover online how teachers across the nation and the world are using the document camera in their classrooms.
- Identify National Technology Standards for Teachers and Students (ISTE) and make correlations to the document camera's impact on student learning.
- Generate a list of potential curriculum units/lessons, aligned with your district curriculum and state standards that can be enhanced with a document camera.
- Submit five lesson plans, highlighting the effective and interactive use of the document camera in each one.
- Use Moodle (online discussion board) to participate in online discussions.