Instructor: Ryan Semans
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Course Fee: $410
Class Offered Through IT4Educators
Use online, step-by-step tutorials, educational internet resources, and State and National curriculum and technology standards to achieve success in integrating Moodle into your lessons. Educators will learn how Moodle will enhance the content lessons inside and outside of the school day. Educators will also research ways that Moodle can help all learners. In addition to learning and implementing Moodle, educators will create motivational and relevant classroom activities, teacher support materials, and assessment tools. Learners will also participate in online discussions.
As a result of participation in this course, students will:
*Aligned with rubrics
- Learn and utilize the Moodle features to instruct, integrate, and implement relevant, thoughtful and concise activities into your content and curriculum.
- Learn how to participate in and facilitate more effective and relevant communication, collaboration, and organization using Moodle.
- Learn how to participate in and facilitate lessons which foster a supportive learning experience for students outside the classroom by providing real-time collaboration, online assignment submission, and grading features using Moodle.
- Learn how to differentiate lessons and activities using Moodle in an effort to address the multiple intelligences and meet the needs and interests of all students.
- Learn how to address and reflect on the 21st skils for teachers and students usning new learning and Moodle.
- Learn how Moodle can be used to support students and parents inside and outside the school day with features that allow for feedback, messaging, grading, guest access, etc....
About The Instructor
Ryan graduated from Winona State University with a Degree in Elementary Education. Ryan is currently a Professional Development Coordinator for an instructional technology company and is a former 5th grade teacher and Technology Integration Specialist at Osseo Area Schools located just miles away from Minneapolis, MN. During his time as a 5th grade teacher, Ryan went back to school and earned his Master's Degree in Education from the University of St. Mary's. He enjoys collaborating, training, and preparing K-12 teachers as they work to meet the needs of 21st century learners. During his teaching career, Ryan has been a part of a professional team that earned the TIES Technology Team of the Year Award. He has also been on successful technology grant writing teams to enhance and advance technology integration for Osseo Area Schools.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.