Microsoft Publisher in the Classroom
Instructor: Rojanne Brown
Monday, August 25, 2014 - Friday, December 19, 2014
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Course Fee: $295
Class Offered Through IT4Educators
In this hands-on, project oriented course you will use Microsoft Publisher to create products that will engage learning and increase communication in your classroom. Working at your own pace throughout this course, you will use online, step-by-step tutorials and Internet resources to apply new knowledge and skills to instructional practice. Teach your students to create a brochure or other products that expresses what they have learned.
As a result of participation in this course, students will:
- Use Atomic Learning (online software tutorials) as your resource to create Publisher products with practical application to your classroom.
- Use Moodle (online discussion forum) to reflect and share.
- Discover online how teachers across the nation are using desktop publishing in the classroom.
- Discover how desktop publishing engages and motivates students to create thoughtful, quality products.
Further develop a unit you already teach by:
- Creating a lesson plan within the unit requiring your students to produce a Publisher product that "shows what they know".
- Creating an exemplary sample student product that meets tech curricular objectives.
- Creating a rubric that assesses the student prodict.
A full list of course readings will be provided upon course enrollment.
About The Instructor
Rojanne Brown earned her M.Ed. from the University of Minnesota. Rojanne has been in the field of education for 27 years. For the past 15, she has been a Technology Integration Specialist in the Osseo Area School District. She has published an article in TechTrends and received the following awards: The William E. Gardner Pre-K-12 Outstanding Educator Award (2008), TIES Exceptional Teacher Award (2005), Teacher of the Year, Minnesota (2000, Technology & Learning Magazine). Rojanne is a Google Certified Teacher as well as Google Certified Trainer, A NET'S Certified Teacher, and an Intel Teach to the Future Master Teacher.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.