Microsoft Publisher in the Classroom
Instructor: R Brown
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $295
Partner Class Offered Through IT4Educators
In this hands-on, project oriented course you will use Microsoft Publisher to create products that will engage learning and increase communication in your classroom. Working at your own pace throughout this course, you will use online, step-by-step tutorials and Internet resources to apply new knowledge and skills to instructional practice. Teach your students to create a brochure or other products that expresses what they have learned.
As a result of participation in this course, students will:
- Use Atomic Learning (online software tutorials) as your resource to create Publisher products with practical application to your classroom.
- Use Moodle (online discussion forum) to reflect and share.
- Discover online how teachers across the nation are using desktop publishing in the classroom.
- Discover how desktop publishing engages and motivates students to create thoughtful, quality products.
Further develop a unit you already teach by:
- Creating a lesson plan within the unit requiring your students to produce a Publisher product that "shows what they know".
- Creating an exemplary sample student product that meets tech curricular objectives.
- Creating a rubric that assesses the student prodict.
A full list of course readings will be provided upon course enrollment.