Twitter in Education
Instructor: Ryan Semans
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $295
Partner Class Offered Through IT4Educators
Learn how to implement Twitter and social learning tools into your lesson practice. Research literature and video resources that showcase how a teacher or educational professional can integrate Twitter into a lesson and use Twitter as a professional development tool. Build on past professional experiences to make future experiences more relevant, meaningful, and motivational for your students.
As a result of participation in this course, learners will:
- Use Atomic Learning (online software tutorials) to learn how to use Twitter.
- Use Moodle (online discussion board) to access and share course information.
- Research the uses and rationale of Twitter integration in the classroom and reflect upon past units or lessons to help with student's motivation in the future.
- User prior knowledge and new learning to create Twitter activities and aligned assessements.
- Reflect upon prior and learned Twitter knowledge for classroom and professional use.
- Investigate and put to practice how Twitter can be used for personal professional development.