Twitter in Education
Instructor: Ryan Semans
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Course Fee: $295
Class Offered Through IT4Educators
Learn how to implement Twitter and social learning tools into your lesson practice. Research literature and video resources that showcase how a teacher or educational professional can integrate Twitter into a lesson and use Twitter as a professional development tool. Build on past professional experiences to make future experiences more relevant, meaningful, and motivational for your students.
As a result of participation in this course, learners will:
- Use Atomic Learning (online software tutorials) to learn how to use Twitter.
- Use Moodle (online discussion board) to access and share course information.
- Research the uses and rationale of Twitter integration in the classroom and reflect upon past units or lessons to help with student's motivation in the future.
- User prior knowledge and new learning to create Twitter activities and aligned assessements.
- Reflect upon prior and learned Twitter knowledge for classroom and professional use.
- Investigate and put to practice how Twitter can be used for personal professional development.
About The Instructor
Ryan graduated from Winona State University with a Degree in Elementary Education. Ryan is currently a Professional Development Coordinator for an instructional technology company and is a former 5th grade teacher and Technology Integration Specialist at Osseo Area Schools located just miles away from Minneapolis, MN. During his time as a 5th grade teacher, Ryan went back to school and earned his Master's Degree in Education from the University of St. Mary's. He enjoys collaborating, training, and preparing K-12 teachers as they work to meet the needs of 21st century learners. During his teaching career, Ryan has been a part of a professional team that earned the TIES Technology Team of the Year Award. He has also been on successful technology grant writing teams to enhance and advance technology integration for Osseo Area Schools.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.