Google Docs/Drive in Education
Instructor: Ryan Semans
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $410
Partner Class Offered Through IT4Educators
Use online, step-by-step tutorials, educational internet resources, and State and National curriculum and technology standards to achieve success in integrating Google Docs into your practice. Educational professionals will learn how Google Docs will enhance the content lessons inside and outside of school and support teachers in collaboration and sharing of resources and ideas. Educators will also research ways how Google Docs can help all learners and break down barriers of the traditional classroom. In addition to learning and implementing Google Docs, educators will create motivational and relevant classroom activities, teacher support materials, and assessment tools. Learners will also participate in online discussions.
As a result of participation in this course, learners will:
- Learn many of the Google Docs features and how to implement them into your instruction and professional collaboration and development opportunities.
- Learn how Google Docs can enhance lessons in the classroom by providing enhanced communication, collaboration, and organizational features.
- Learn how Google Docs can enhance lessons outside the classroom by providing real-time collaboration, online assignment submission, and grading features.
- Learn how Google Docs can create a collaborative, relevant and motivation work environment for students and teachers.
- Learn how Google Docs will support the acquisition 21st skills for teachers and students.
- Learn how Google Docs will support teachers and students in their efforts to meet the ISTE/NETSs.
- Learn how Google Docs can be used to support students and parents inside and outside the school day with features that allow for feedback, messaging, grading, etc....
- Moodle tutorial (Attached in the initial e-mail)
Video Teacher and Principals Talk
Google Docs-An Overview for Educators
Google Apps Customer Reviews