Google Docs/Drive in Education
Instructor: Ryan Semans
Monday, August 25, 2014 - Friday, December 19, 2014
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Course Fee: $410
Class Offered Through IT4Educators
Use online, step-by-step tutorials, educational internet resources, and State and National curriculum and technology standards to achieve success in integrating Google Docs into your practice. Educational professionals will learn how Google Docs will enhance the content lessons inside and outside of school and support teachers in collaboration and sharing of resources and ideas. Educators will also research ways how Google Docs can help all learners and break down barriers of the traditional classroom. In addition to learning and implementing Google Docs, educators will create motivational and relevant classroom activities, teacher support materials, and assessment tools. Learners will also participate in online discussions.
As a result of participation in this course, learners will:
- Learn many of the Google Docs features and how to implement them into your instruction and professional collaboration and development opportunities.
- Learn how Google Docs can enhance lessons in the classroom by providing enhanced communication, collaboration, and organizational features.
- Learn how Google Docs can enhance lessons outside the classroom by providing real-time collaboration, online assignment submission, and grading features.
- Learn how Google Docs can create a collaborative, relevant and motivation work environment for students and teachers.
- Learn how Google Docs will support the acquisition 21st skills for teachers and students.
- Learn how Google Docs will support teachers and students in their efforts to meet the ISTE/NETSs.
- Learn how Google Docs can be used to support students and parents inside and outside the school day with features that allow for feedback, messaging, grading, etc....
- Moodle tutorial (Attached in the initial e-mail)
- Video Teacher and Principals Talk
- Google Docs-An Overview for Educators
- Google Apps Customer Reviews
- Atomic Learning
About The Instructor
Ryan graduated from Winona State University with a Degree in Elementary Education. Ryan is currently a Professional Development Coordinator for an instructional technology company and is a former 5th grade teacher and Technology Integration Specialist at Osseo Area Schools located just miles away from Minneapolis, MN. During his time as a 5th grade teacher, Ryan went back to school and earned his Master's Degree in Education from the University of St. Mary's. He enjoys collaborating, training, and preparing K-12 teachers as they work to meet the needs of 21st century learners. During his teaching career, Ryan has been a part of a professional team that earned the TIES Technology Team of the Year Award. He has also been on successful technology grant writing teams to enhance and advance technology integration for Osseo Area Schools.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.