Using Phonics to Enhance Reading
Instructor: James Coomber
Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - Friday, August 07, 2015
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $375 + textbook
This practical course for teachers defines phonics instruction and its methods, then enables teachers to build a teaching plan for incorporating phonics and related decoding strategies into their classroom reading.
This course will take you through a process that
- Reviews research showing the efficacy of phonics
- Provides activities to demonstrate classroom practice, and
- Analyzes student difficulties and appropriate responses.
Upon completion of the course, you will have the background and practical strategies to meet requirements in many states regarding knowledge of phonics.
- Phonics & Major Decoding Strategies
- Learning & Applying Phonics
- Phonics Plus Book B
- Phonics Plus Book C
- Word History: A Guide to Understanding The English Language
Cost for the textbooks is $49 including shipping. Credit cards are not accepted.
About The Instructor
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.