Adaptive Curriculum Development, Levels 1-4
Instructor: Jody Barbie
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $375 for each level
The curricula designed by the teachers will challenge the students to observe similarities and differences between the environment and/or culture of the locales visited by the Integrated Studies students.
1. Develop curricular projects that by design, require students to do original research, challenge or test a belief or demonstrate a phenomena.
2. Design a unit/lesson in which students are engaged in a lesson following the criteria of one or more of the educational models researched from the current literature on instructional models.
3. Design a unit and/or lesson in which there is meaningful use of a variety of computer hardware and software applications.
4. Curriculum must include adaptations and modifications for students in special education.
5. Implement this lesson/unit into an appropriate course within the next school term.