Harassment, Bullying & Cyber-Intimidation in Schools
Instructor: Dr. Candyce Reynolds
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $100 + Partner Course Fee: $125
Partner Class Offered Through Virtual Education Software, inc.
Harassment, Bullying & Cyber-Intimidation in Schools will discuss definitions and the personal, social, and legal ramifications associated with sexual harassment, bullying, and cyber-intimidation. The course will address what we know about these troubling areas. We will then explore preventative strategies as well as how school staff can address these issues when they occur. A clear understanding of what constitutes harassment and the harmful effects of harassment on people and institutions is essential to providing a safe and inclusive school environment for all.
This computer-based instruction course is a self-supporting program that provides instruction, structured practice, and evaluation all on your home or school computer. Technical support information can be found, in the Help section of your course.
1. To trace the recent history and development of harassment and its relationship to discrimination, thereby increasing knowledge and understanding of its impact on individuals and the workplace.
2. To increase awareness and understanding of social and cultural factors contributing to harassment, and the response to and perception of harassment.
3. To know and understand the legal and operational definitions of harassment.
4. To know and understand the forms of sexual harassment and its relationship to prejudice, discrimination, and power differentials.
5. To know and understand the concepts behind the term “reasonable woman” as it pertains to sexual harassment issues.
6. To know and understand the problematic legal issues surrounding workplace romances.
7. To provide guidelines for the development and implementation of a sexual harassment policy applicable to the school or work site.
Title: Harassment, Bullying & Cyber-Intimidation in Schools
Author: Candyce Reynolds, Ph.D.