Reaching the Top: Taking Coaching & Advising to the Next Level
EDUC 792 or 600
Instructor: Dr. Larry Napoleon
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Correspondence
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $390
Partner Class Offered Through Learner's Edge
Learn how to be a more effective coach and advisor. Explore the numerous strategies to motivate your students to reach their potential, build teams out of groups, build self-esteem in students, and effectively manage difficult situations that all coaches and advisors experience.
The participant will:
1. Learn how to build self-esteem in players/students.
2. Learn how to better prepare players/students for games/competitions.
3. Understand the important role adversity plays in the development of players/students.
4. Understand the important role self-efficacy plays in the development of players/students.
5. Apply course strategies in his/her role of coaching and/or advising.
Required reading for the course includes the following text:
Thompson, 1. (1995). Positive Coaching .. Portola Valley, CA: Warde Publishers
Course is not available online.