Tapping the Talent: Working with Gifted Students
EDUC 792 or 600
Instructor: Dr. Olufunmilayo Amobi
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Correspondence
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $385
Partner Class Offered Through Learner's Edge
Learn how to succeed with your gifted and talented learners! Explore multiple strategies and techniques to provide needed support in the general education classroom and transform how you instruct gifted and talented students.
As a result of this course, participants should:
1. Identify the various characteristics of the gifted student.
2. Explore various strategies to challenge the gifted student.
3. Demonstrate the ability to incorporate strategies to help the gifted student succeed.
4. Create a study guide/extension activity.
5. Research methods for identification of the gifted student.
The required reading is found in the text listed below:
Winebrenner, S. (2001). Teaching Gifted Kids in the Regular Classroom. Minneapolis, MN: Free Spirit Publishing, Inc.
Course is not available online.