Teaching Students Responsible Behavior II: Social-Emotional Learning
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: 1-Way Video
Academic Level: Graduate
NDSU Credit Fee: $350
Partner Class Offered Through Quality Educational Programs (Video for Educators)
This course focuses on teaching students responsible behavior by combining social-emotional learning (SEL) with choice theory. Included are SEL strategies to help students regulate their behavior (restrain impulses, manage stress and anger, self-evaluate, plan effectively, and persevere) and get along with others (take others¹ perspective, empathize, demonstrate manners and social skills).
Click here to view course syllabus.
Click here to view sample lesson.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Create and use specific, engaging strategies for teaching the emotional and social skills all students need.
- Integrate SEL into the academic curriculum.
- Learn skills to deal with any discipline situation no matter how intense.
- Integrate character education into their classroom instruction.
- Gain cooperation and prevent discipline problems.
A $14.00 shipping and handling fee will be charged for each order.
If it is necessary to withdraw from the course(s), a $35 nonrefundable administrative fee per course will be assessed.
For information on group discounts go to www.videocourses4teachers.com