The Biology of Belief
Instructor: Joseph C'de Baca
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Correspondence
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $365
Class Offered Through Teachers Learning Center
This course provides educators with the new scientific discoveries about the biochemical effects of the brain's functioning and how thoughts affect all the cells of the body. Science and other teachers can utilize these concepts in their teaching and instructional delivery to improve student learning and motivation. Positive thinking, mindset changes, self confidence and productive outcomes in life and schooling are integrated with holistic biological wellness. Educators will study the new physics, DNA codes, and genetics to implement this knowledge into classroom instruction and schools.
1. Educators will review the new developments in science and biology regarding myths and realities of cell functions, genetic predetermination and the primacy of DNA.
2. Participants will learn about the significant impact that environment has on cellular biology, healthy body functioning, disease and how thoughts affect the brain and body.
3. Educators will be introduced to Epigenetics: the new science of self-empowerment and the laws of quantum physics as they relate to human improvement and behavior.
4. Participants will view The Living Matrix: The New Science of Healing DVD to explore bioengenetic research and knowledge from holistic healers, scientists and psychologists.
5. Educators will examine their professional lives as they relate to working in today's schools and how they can integrate the course content in classrooms and schools.
The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles by Bruce Lipton. 2005. Santa Rosa, CA: Elite Books. 205 pages.
About The Instructor
Joseph C'de Baca earned his M.Ed. from the University of Phoenix, Denver, CO in Educational Administration. He earned his BA in Industrial Technology from the Metropolitan State College of Denver. Joseph is a former Social Studies and Industrial Technology teacher for 15 years.
Registration for Teacher's Learning Center (TLC) classes will take you to the registration form on the TLC website. Be sure to indicate you want the credit from NDSU.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Use the Cancel Registration Form to cancel your registration for an NDSU Distance and Continuing Education class.