Motivation & Learning: Practical Teaching Strategies & Tips
Instructor: Joseph C'de Baca
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Correspondence
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $365
Partner Class Offered Through Teachers Learning Center
This course will provide strategies and tips on ways for teachers to increase motivation and learning for students in the classroom. They will examine brain-based learning and multiple intelligences to help teachers design instructional units. Hundreds of teaching tips and student activities are presented for teacher implementation. Teachers will view DVDs about consciousness, quantum physics and the Law of Attraction. Educators will also learn about developing instructionally supportive activities and strategies to improve motivational and instructional impact in classrooms.
1. Teachers will review student relationships and how to make learning easier without lowering standards. They will learn how to use various teaching tips and strategies.
2. Students will read about various quick-tips for increasing motivation and learning. They will examine and apply the various ideas for possible applications into their teaching environment.
3. Educators will examine how motivation works in human behavior and how to get students to be intrinsically motivated. The videos: The Law of Attraction and Quantum Physics are also viewed to blend consciousness concepts into motivation applications.
4. Educators will examine the motivation tips as they relate to instructional content and teaching for classroom implementation.
5. Teachers will learn about assessments, testing, and grading tips as they check for validity regarding testing and how they can be used for motivating students.
Motivation and Learning by Spence Rogers . (1999) 1999: Peak Learning Systems: Evergreen, Colorado. 274 pages
Registration for Teacher's Learning Center (TLC) classes will take you to the registration form on the TLC website. Be sure to indicate you want the credit from NDSU.