Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself
Instructor: Joseph C'de Baca
Monday, August 25, 2014 - Friday, December 12, 2014
Instruction Mode: Correspondence
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $165
Class Offered Through Teachers Learning Center
This course will explore the four personality characters: Choleric, Sanguine, Melancholy and Phlegmatic. The personality styles are presented in great depth to explain the behavior characteristics for each of the four types of individuals. Teachers will find their own personality profile and examine each style’s various strengths and corresponding weaknesses. Educators will develop a two-page application essay, lesson plan or activities for classroom applications of personality profile theory.
1. Teachers will learn about behavioral characteristics of the 4 main character types: Choleric, Sanguine, Phlegmatic and Melancholy
2. Educators will perform the self-evaluation character/personality test on themselves to determine their own character type and behavior style.
3. Teachers will examine both the positive and negative aspects of the character types and learn how to regulate the negative behaviors and/or accentuate the positive characteristics.
4. Educators will learn to observe and analyze student behaviors, so they can establish realistic expectations of student behaviors or tolerate student differences.
5. Teachers will develop character awareness skills to understand their students’ character strengths and weaknesses and improve classroom management practices.6. Educators will develop a written essay assignment, lesson plan, project or activity to introduce the personality concepts into the classroom environment.
Personality Plus: How to Understand Others by Understanding Yourself, by Florence Littauer. (1992). Grand Rapids, Michigan: Baker House. 204 pages.
About The Instructor
Joseph C'de Baca earned his M.Ed. from the University of Phoenix, Denver, CO in Educational Administration. He earned his BA in Industrial Technology from the Metropolitan State College of Denver. Joseph is a former Social Studies and Industrial Technology teacher for 15 years.
Registration for Teacher's Learning Center (TLC) classes will take you to the registration form on the TLC website. Be sure to indicate you want the credit from NDSU.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Use the Cancel Registration Form to cancel your registration for an NDSU Distance and Continuing Education class.