Mobile Devices in the Classroom
Instructor: Rojanne Brown
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $410
Partner Class Offered Through IT4Educators
Mobile devices are everywhere! How do you harness the accessibility and engagement of iPods, iPads and cell phones to increase student learning? In this course you will explore the educational potential of mobile devices in your classroom. You will have access to online Atomic Learning tutorials that will support your exploration of mobile devices as authentic, engaging and interactive classroom learning tools.
• Computer with Internet access
• Access to at least one Internet enabled cell phone, Smart Phone or mobile device (some i.e. iPhone,
Blackberry, Android, iPod, and/or iPad)
• iTunes account (most current version) - free download: http://www.apple.com/itunes
- Read current regarding the educational impact of mobile devices in the classroom.
- Identify National Technology Standards for Students (ISTE) and make predictions correlating the potential impact of mobile device on the listed performance indicators.
- Develop a responsible use policy that encourages creativity.
- Use Atomic Learning (online software tutorials) as a technical and experiential resource.
- Evaluate and compare a variety of mobile devices as instructional tools to engage and motivate students and increase student achievement.
- Guided by Bloom's Digital Taxonomy, create lesson plans integrating the effective use of mobile devices into engaging learning experiences.
- Use Moodle to participate in online discussions regarding your learning in this course.