Attention Deficit Disorder: Information & Interventions for Effective Teaching
Instructor: Mick Jackson
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $100 + Partner Course Fee: $125
Partner Class Offered Through Virtual Education Software, inc.
This course will help you achieve a better understanding of ADD and intervention strategies to facilitate positive student change. Taught by Mick R. Jackson MS/ED, this course covers the history of the disorder, accepted methods to assess and identify students with the disorder, and various methods, medications, and strategies that currently used to treat the disorder. And for situations where a student needs services beyond what you can provide in the classroom, you will learn about the referral process for getting help for the student. Reference materials include a list of resources for both teachers and parents who would like more help or information about ADD or ADHD.
This computer-based instruction course is a self-supporting program that provides instruction, structured practice, and evaluation all on your home or school computer. Technical support information can be found, in the Help section of your course.
1. To define the characteristics of attention deficit for better understanding of the disorder
2. To provide a history of the disorder to increase knowledge and understanding
3. To increase ability to identify and assess students possibly having the disorder
4. To increase the number of intervention strategies available to remediate academic problems and distracting or self-defeating behaviors
5. To provide information on various treatment methods used in the treatment of this disorder
6. To increase knowledge of the referral process for parents and/or professionals in education
7. To provide resources for teachers and parents to help them and the students with whom they work
Title: Attention Deficit Disorder: Information & Interventions for Effective Teaching
Author: Nancy Marchand-Martella, Ph.D., Ronald C. Martella, Ph.D., Charalambos Cleanhous, Ph.D.
Effective September 1, 2014, cost for this course will be $235
VESi will no longer offer the CD-ROM option after August 30, 2014