Talented & Gifted: Working with High Achievers
Instructor: Dr. Pamela Bernards
Monday, August 25, 2014 - Friday, December 12, 2014
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $100 + Course Fee: $125
Class Offered Through Virtual Education Software, inc.
Talented and Gifted Education provides information on the history of the exceptional in relation to education, current law, and accepted methods for referral, assessment, and identification of these students. The course also covers major program models and methods of differentiating instruction to meet the rate and level of learning of those students identified. The course gives you an understanding of ways to meet the affective needs of the gifted and talented student in the regular classroom. This course also lists resources for teachers and parents who would like more information about the talented and gifted.
This computer-based instruction course is a self-supporting program that provides instruction, structured practice, and evaluation all on your home or school computer. Technical support information can be found, in the Help section of your course.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will:
1. Have become familiar with common practice in relation to identification of and service to gifted and talented students.
2. Have gained working knowledge of common school practices in the identification of TAG process.
3. Be familiar with tools used in assessment for identification purposes in TAG education.
4. Have learned techniques for assessing level and rate of learning.
5. Be familiar with the characteristics and needs of typical talented and gifted students from special populations.
6. Be able to select appropriate programming based upon individual student needs.
7. Have gained a working knowledge of common models of delivery of instruction that meet TAG needs.
8. Have become familiar with methods of differentiating curriculum for talented and gifted students.
9. Have developed an understanding of the social and emotional needs of TAG students (affective domain).
Title: Talented & Gifted: Working with High Achievers
About The Instructor
VESi will no longer offer the CD-ROM option after August 30, 2014
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.