Instructor: Dr. Justin Wageman
Grading: Letter or S/U
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Correspondence
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $150
This course, NBPTS Certification, is the second of two courses designed to accompany National Board Certification, a demonstration of teaching practice measured against high standards. This second course, NBPTS Certification, provides three (3) graduate credits for a candidate who has successfully achieved Certification.
Note: Candidates will only receive a letter grade and graduate credit for this course if they fully and successfully achieve National Board Certification.
(National Board for Professional Teaching Standards): 5 Core Propositions
Candidates who successfully achieve National Board Certification will have received official score reports from NBPTS that indicate achievement. Those candidates achieving National Board Certification are teachers
• Committed to students and their learning.
• Who know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
• Responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
• Who think systematically about their practice and learn from experience.
• Who are members of learning communities.