Increasing Leadership Capacity Through Interpersonal Skills
Instructor: Joan Sousae, MAED
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $150 + Partner Course Fee: $199
Partner Class Offered Through NaMaYaPD
This course is designed to further increase your teacher leadership capacity in the area of interpersonal skills. It focuses primarily on a set of skills that will enhance your ability to contribute meaningfully toward the school improvement efforts within your school. These include: Knowledge of Self, Building Trust, Increasing Communication Skills, Giving Feedback, and Running Effective Meetings.
The successful student will:
• Examine the larger context of the school with respect to factors that lead to school improvement and collaboration through readings.
• Identify leadership interpersonal skills that engender collaboration, the open flow of ideas, and trust through readings, video clips, discussion, reflection and writing assignments.
• Assess their feelings about leading others through completion of a self-assessment survey.
• Develop insights into improving communication skills through video clips, readings, memo-writing and reflection.
• Learn how to lead equals through readings, discussion and reflection.
• Practice giving and receiving feedback through memo-writing activity.
• Develop insights into running effective meetings through readings, video clips, discussion, reflection and use of meeting template.
• Create or revise a professional growth plan that includes specific leadership interpersonal skills.
All course materials are included. A list of readings will be provided upon course enrollment.
- This course is no longer available.