Refining Best Practices in Education: In Light of 21st Century Classrooms
Instructor: Joan Sousae, MAED
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $150 + Partner Course Fee: $199
Partner Class Offered Through NaMaYaPD
In this course educators will consider a number of leadership issues as they relate to educational technology in a K-12 environment. Topics include but are not limited to educational technology leadership, the use of assistive technology, classroom management in an age of digital technology, and the use of gaming and immersive environments in education. The goals is for educators to develop an understanding of the basic opportunities and concerns associated with each issue, and was well as where to find resources related to them. Most importantly, educators will be able to understand these issues in terms of the leadership required to address them.
The student will be able to:
• Identify appropriate resources that they can use in their professional practice to integrate technology effectively with students.
• Develop their own perspective about how these educational technology issues fit into their work as an educator.
• Consider these issues as they might be addressed by a leadership body in educational technology in their school or district, such as an educational technology committee.
• Identify and use the standards developed by the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) as guide to planning and implementation in the classroom.
• Engage with their colleagues in discussions of the perspectives, activities and standards addressed in this course.
• Increase their scope of influence beyond classroom.
All materials are included in course.
Pre-registration with NaMaYa PD is required.
Please register at http://school.namaya.com/pd/index.php/courses/preview/120-ndsu-refining-best-practices-in-education before registering for NDSU credit.
NOTE: Upon registration, you have 4 months for course completion.