ND Roughrider Conference 2015
Instructor: Lois Mauch
Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - Friday, June 05, 2015
Tuesday, 5:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Location: Rough Riders Hotel and Conference Center, Medora, ND
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $100 + $175 conference registration fee
To promote healthy lifestyle concepts to North Dakota students, school personnel and community members in order to share, learn and develop plans of action for healthy schools and communities.
1. Develop a realistic and attainable Healthy School and Community Action Plan.
2. Expand knowledge of research-based prevention curriculum, enhancement through after-school programming, and classroom behavior management strategies.
3. Expand prevention efforts specific to environmental strategies and evidence-based programs.
4. Share successful teaching techniques, prevention strategies and programs.
5. Expand knowledge of North Dakota health initiatives, resource and community programs for healthy students, schools and communities.
About The Instructor
Lois Mauch earned her M.A. in Physical Education & Health from Virginia Polytechnic State University in Blacksburg, VA while her B.S. in Physical Education is awarded from Valley City State University. Lois has published 2 books and various articles being published in the National Journal for Sport & Physical Education, and Strategies several times specifically What Really Motivates Students. Lois has received the National Association for Sport & Physical Education Teacher of the Year both at the State Levels for Elementary and as Middle School Teacher of the Year State and Central Levels. Lois has also been honored with the Christa McAuliffe Fellowship Award and has presented at five National Conventions & received the 4th Progress for Physical Education Act grant for Fargo Public Schools. Lois is currently serving as a Project Director for 1.5 million dollar grant awarded to 23 school districts in northern & western Minnesota.
Must register for the conference at http://www.ndroughrider.com/Roughrider_Registration.php
NDSU graduate credit registration begins May 4, 2015.