Women & Men in Conversation: Gender Thinking Styles
Instructor: Joseph C'de Baca
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Correspondence
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $365
Class Offered Through Teachers Learning Center
This course will use the National Bestseller book: You Just Don't Understand to examine the personality and communication differences between men and women. It will review how young boys and girls play and interact with each other and the opposite gender. Teachers will also learn about conversation styles between the genders as it applies to interpersonal communications. This includes adult conversations between administrators and subordinates in school management that are often gender related. The course will focus on gender styles in school management and personnel relations in school settings. Educators will develop writings, lessons and activities that address gender issues.
1. Educators will develop an understanding of the communication styles and preferences between boys and girls as well as men and women in their professional environment.
2. Participants will analyze the social and psychological dynamics of gender communication styles and preferences that affect teachers and students in school settings.
3. Educators can apply the gender and communication listening styles in their school settings regarding inter-faculty relationships and instructional effectiveness.
4. Teachers will research these issues and participate in peer discussions to share perspectives and learn from other educators regarding gender communication styles.
5. Educators are to develop writings, lessons or activities that take into consideration the gender differences as applied to school management and teaching environments.
About The Instructor
Registration for Teacher's Learning Center (TLC) classes will take you to the registration form on the TLC website. Be sure to indicate you want the credit from NDSU.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided. Use the Cancel Registration Form to cancel your registration for an NDSU Distance and Continuing Education class.