Summer Writing Intensive Institute 2014
Instructor: Kelly Sassi
Friday, May 16, 2014 - Saturday, October 25, 2014
Friday May 16, 5:00 - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, May 17, 9:00 a.m. - Noon
July 8 - 10 & July 14 - 17, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
October 25, 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Location: NDSU Campus, Minard Hall, Fargo, ND
Available Seats: 20
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $150
The Red River Valley Writing Project is a professional development and support network for K-16 teachers. Its focus is to improve the teaching and use of writing across all grade levels and subject areas.
- Participants will engage in the processes of writing across multiple genres.
- Participants will grow in understanding of teaching and learning writing through reading research and theory, reflecting upon their own writing processes and workshop experiences, and learning from other experienced teachers.
- Participants will research, plan, and present a demonstration for other teachers that provides instructional and curricular insights to improve the teaching of writing.
- Participants will demonstrate growth in giving response to writers, by modeling responses in class and by describing appropriate classroom strategies.
- Participants will become familiar with a wide range of print and on-line materials for teacher development and instructional use.
Participants are eligible to receive up to an $845 stipend to reimburse the cost of the tuition.