Motivating & Challenging All Students
Instructor: Charles North
Grading: Letter or S/U
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Course Fee: $299
This workshop is designed to provide teachers with the knowledge and strategies to improve their skills in motivation and challenging students to do their best; thus improving student achievement. The purpose of this course is to introduce the importance of the often-overlooked learning strategy: motivation and then to offer strategies and activities to enable teachers to successfully incorporate motivational theory practices into their instruction and relationships with students.
Teachers will develop experience in:
- Efficiently and effectively incorporating a variety of motivational techniques;
- Understanding the reasons that students may not be motivated to persist at their work;
- Understanding the basic needs that all students may bring to a classroom setting;
- Understanding the key components of classroom motivation;
- Applying motivational strategies to improve instruction;
- Developing plans to improve the way that they motivate and challenge their students;
- Maintaining a passion for working successfully with all students;
- Selecting the best motivational strategies and activities to fit the needs of their students.
REQUIRED STUDENT RESOURCES:
Computer with speakers or headphones, internet access and active email account.
About The Instructor
Charles North earned an M.A. in Secondary School Administration from Central Michigan University, where he also earned a B.S. in Secondary Education with a major in Mathematics and minor in Earth Science. Charles has experience teaching high school and in educational leadership positions to include the titles of principal, federal funding director, and district curriculum coordinator. Charles has published articles in the School Recognition Journal from the Department of Education and in publications from Central Michigan University.
Register and pay at:http://healthyteachingonline.com/
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.