Common Core State Standards in Mathematics, Grades 3-8
Instructor: Stephanie Wertkins, Instructor; Tim Kanold & Diane Briars, Presenters
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $329
Partner Class Offered Through Knowledge Delivery Systems
Presenters Tim Kanold and Diane Briars fully explore Common Core State Standards in mathematics in this course. Working with small groups of teachers of grades 3-8, they demonstrate how to create rigorous curriculum units, develop high-impact instructional strategies, create common assessments,as well as build informal progress monitoring checks. The course also features video of real classroom instruction using standards-based lessons and offers a discussion of teacher learning paths to implementation.
After completing this course, educators will know:
- The five paradigm shifts essential to the adoption of the Common Core State Standards.
- The roles of professional learning communities and collaborative teams.
Student Learning Outcomes:
After completing this course, educators will be able to:
Plan lessons that:
- Support the eight Mathematical Practices.
- Maintain high cognitive demand.
- Include assessing and advancing questions for formative assessment.
- Meet the needs of all learners.
Register for this class through KDSi. NOTE: Upon registration, you have 2 months for course completion. Although many of our courses are approved for both 1 and 3 graduate professional development credits, participants can only receive credit for one version of each course.