One-Stop Shop: Online Docs, Sketches, Spreadsheets ... Your Classroom
EDUC 792 or 600
Instructor: Dr. Larry Napoleon
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $390
Partner Class Offered Through Learner's Edge
This course will prepare you to take your classroom to the next level using a host of Google™ tools. You'll learn how to create and share Google™ documents and spreadsheets online, access your documents from anywhere on any computer, import your existing documents, and organize your work into folders. You'll also be guided through publishing your documents, and you'll learn how to collaborate online with other users in real time. Using Google™ Earth you’ll fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrain and 3D buildings, from galaxies in outer space to the canyons of the ocean. You can explore rich geographical content, save your toured places, and share with others.. Finally, using Google™ SketchUp, you'll quickly learn that there's no limit to what you can create.
As a result of participation in this course, students should:
- Understand how technology is being used in classrooms to extend student learning.
- Understand why it is necessary to use technology in your classroom.
- Discover how to use technology to engage and empower students.
- Design curriculum that integrates technology in meaningful ways.
- Develop a working knowledge of the following Google™ tools: Document, Spreadsheets, Earth and SketchUp.