Teaching Online & Blended Learning
Instructor: Christen Dodd
Monday, July 01, 2013 - Friday, September 06, 2013
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $225 + Partner Course Fee: $495
Learning today takes place anywhere and anytime. To meet the needs of today’s connected learner, today’s educator needs to be fluent in new media literacies. This ten-week course will prepare you to be an online professor, teach online courses in blended environments such as a virtual school, or teach blended courses in traditional settings. You will explore how to plan and deliver online instruction that moves beyond just digitizing analog lesson plans and how to truly leverage the transformative potential that online learning provides.
● Access and use a variety of course delivery tools and resources.
● Create an online syllabus, design discussions, and use questioning techniques.
● Develop a “to do” planning list for launching an online course.
● Build, nurture and close a community in an online setting.
● Understand knowledge building and pedagogical issues related to online teaching.
● Create collaborative online projects with authentic assessment.
● Leverage 21st Century concepts and tools in the creation and delivery of an online course.
● Lead discussions and create learning activities.
Pre-registration with Powerful Learning Practice is required -- http://plpnetwork.com/get-involved/ecourses/teaching-online-becoming-a-connected-educator-ecourse/