Using the Latest Available Electonic Tools to Transform Teaching and Learning in the Classroom
Instructor: Deborah Engen, Kim Brown and/or John Ditter
Monday, October 06, 2014 - Friday, November 14, 2014
Section 2: October 27 - December 7, 2014
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $695
Smart phones, iPhones, cell phones, and blackberries have texting, voice and multimedia capabilities. This is prompting educators to increasingly use these devices as vehicles for transforming P-12 classroom instruction. Explore how to use many electronic tools, including mobile devices, to improve student achievement through group interactions and project-based activities.
Learn how to easily post homework assignments, schedule changes, calendars and due dates. Develop helpful links to websites, photos and attachments using available mobile devices. Communication will thus be improved for both students and parents via email and iNotes. Learn to use a wide variety of mobile devices including ipod, ipod touch, ipad and Nintendo DS to support learning across the curriculum.
As a result of participation in this course, participants should know and understand:
- The theoretical base and underlying pedagogical principles and concepts.
- The research based strategies and activities that will provide a sound basis for improved student achievement.
- How to design the use of mobile devices in the classroom.
- Become familiar with Pod Casts
- Advanced internet and mobile device navigation techniques
- How to utilize a scanner, to convert and change documents into electronic documents.
- How to insert clip art from various media sources.
- How to use Power Point presentations and integrate mobile devices during these presentations.
Quinn, Clark N. (2011). Designing mLearning: Tapping Into the Mobile Revolution for Organizational Performance. San Francisco, CA, Jossey-Bass.
The total cost includes the NDSU graduate credit however textbooks are not included.
You will be directed to the IGS website for registration.