Flipping and Learning with GlogsterEDU
Instructor: Rojanne Brown
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Course Fee: $410
Class Offered Through IT4Educators
A glog is a publicly accessible graphical blog. GlogsterEDU is the perfect platform for teaching and learning. If you are or would like to teach in a flipped environment, learn more about the flipped classroom with Glogster as an ideal web-based access point for your independent learners. Also, your students can expand their digital literacy by creatively expressing their learning with a glog. Within GlogsterEDU, teachers create a private virtual classroom with safe student logins and a teacher dashboard that provides direct access to all students and their projects. Whether for teacher or learning, GlogsterEDU is the tool for you.
As a result of participation in this course, students will:
- Use Glogster and Atomic Learning tutorials as a technical and experiential resource to create glogs that impact teaching and learning in your classroom.
- Read, reflect, and act on current research regarding the use of flipped teaching to support learning objectives in your classroom.
- Synthesize and apply current research regarding digital literacy as it applies to using Glogster as an interactive teaching and learning tool.
- Identify National Technology Standards for Students and Teachers (ISTE), and make correlations to glogging’s potential impact on the listed performance indicators.
Guided by Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy, further develop a unit you already teach that is aligned with your state and district standards by:
- Redesigning the unit to incorporate flipped instruction and glog creation as tools for teaching and learning.
- Creating a glog as an access point that will support a specific curricular objective for independent learners.
- Producing a glog as an example of a student assigned project to share new learning.
- Constructing an assignment checklist and rubric that assesses the student-designed glog.
- Use Moodle to participate in online discussions regarding your learning in this course.
There is no textbook associated with this course. Required reading is found online. Participants will complete the readings and independent activities described below to achieve the course objectives.
- PC, Mac or Chromebook with Internet Access
GlogsterEDU account (click here for details)
- Free Teacher Account (includes 10 student sub-accounts, but no student management features)
- Light Teacher Account, discounted for course participants, cost $?
- Premium Teacher Account, discounted for course participants, cost $?
About The Instructor
Rojanne Brown earned her M.Ed. from the University of Minnesota. Rojanne has been in the field of education for 27 years. For the past 15, she has been a Technology Integration Specialist in the Osseo Area School District. She has published an article in TechTrends and received the following awards: The William E. Gardner Pre-K-12 Outstanding Educator Award (2008), TIES Exceptional Teacher Award (2005), Teacher of the Year, Minnesota (2000, Technology & Learning Magazine). Rojanne is a Google Certified Teacher as well as Google Certified Trainer, A NET'S Certified Teacher, and an Intel Teach to the Future Master Teacher.
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.