From One Dream, a Modern Treasure
Instructor: Maxine Trotter
Friday, June 07, 2013 - Saturday, June 08, 2013
Location: Chateau De Mores Interpretive Center, Medora, ND
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $50
Many dreams have been inspired by the beautiful Badlands. This two day workshop will expose the attendees to in-depth information and a unique experience as they enjoy the hidden gems in this “Modern Treasure”. An informal learning environment allows the attendees to form their own unique and memorable experiences. Attendees will attend all daily sessions held in various places around Medora such as State Historical Society Museum, Billings County Museum, Cowboy Hall of Fame, Theodore Roosevelt Park, and the Theodore Roosevelt Medora Foundation. The course “From One Dream, a Modern Treasure” will present attendees with multiple, varied opportunities to explore and appreciate more fully the unique character and qualities of the people in our region. Information the attendees take back is unique and only the best for them and their students in 2013-2014.
1. Define a modern treasure.
2. Expose participants to in-depth, multiple, varied opportunities to explore the unique character and qualities of this region from 1880 to today.
3. Participants, using the tools of choice (cameras, laptops, notebook, paper), will journal/diary the information that they have gained from their field experience.
4. Write one lesson plan using information gained in this class.
5. Discuss and describe what they’ve seen and how they could best use it in their classroom.
- Bring one lesson plan to share with all participants;
- Laptop, notebook, pencil or pen;
Please pre-register with the instructor at: email@example.com.
Registration deadline: May 24, 2013. Enrollment is limited to 30.