Introduction to Teaching with Technology
Instructor: John, Jr. Blackwell
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $395
Would you like to learn how to integrate technology into your teaching? This course will provide practicing teachers with a comprehensive survey of the field of educational technology. As a result of this research-based course, teachers will establish their own philosophy of technology in educational practice. Teachers will apply multiple technologies in the production of a final project – a lesson plan that integrates technology. This course is a great first course in learning how to integrate technology into the classroom.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop a systematic plan for integrating technology into lesson plans.
- Produce an interactive WebQuest.
- Assess, select, and manipulate digital visual images to enhance their lesson plan.
- Assess and select online videos to enhance their lesson plan.
- Create effective technology enhanced lesson plan for the implementation in their classes.
Readings will be provided online.
About The Instructor
John Blackwell earned his Ed. D. from Walden University, with his dissertation focusing on Technology Integration in the Elementary Classroom. He earned a Masters in Early Childhood Education from Brenau University. John has been a teacher for over 8 years and has also received several teaching awards.
- Courses for Fall begin September 29 - December 14, 2014
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.