Introduction to Teaching with Technology
Instructor: Cristine Clarke
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $395
Would you like to learn how to integrate technology into your teaching? This course will provide practicing teachers with a comprehensive survey of the field of educational technology. As a result of this research-based course, teachers will establish their own philosophy of technology in educational practice. Teachers will apply multiple technologies in the production of a final project – a lesson plan that integrates technology. This course is a great first course in learning how to integrate technology into the classroom.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Develop a systematic plan for integrating technology into lesson plans.
- Produce an interactive WebQuest.
- Assess, select, and manipulate digital visual images to enhance their lesson plan.
- Assess and select online videos to enhance their lesson plan.
- Create effective technology enhanced lesson plan for the implementation in their classes.
Roblyer, M. D. and Doering, A. H. (2009). Integrating educational technology into teaching (5th Ed.). New York, NY: Allyn & Bacon, ISBN-10: 0136101372, ISBN-13: 978-0136101376
National educational technology standards for teachers (2nd ed.). (2008). Washington, DC: International Society for Technology in Education, ISBN-10: 1564842436, ISBN-13: 978-1564842435
The total cost includes the NDSU graduate credit however textbooks are not included.