Technology Basics for Teachers
Instructor: Heather Whetham
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $395
When should a teacher use a computer? Will using a computer save time? Will it just complicate his or her life?
In this class, teachers will receive an introduction to learning theory and apply it to the selection of productivity software to enhance their students’ learning experiences. They will study and apply the use of word processors, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, and Internet based learning resources to their lesson plans.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate education software and analyze the learning theory/theories it is based on.
- Evaluate effective uses of word processors, spreadsheets, databases and presentation software in the classroom.
- Evaluate effective and appropriate Internet resources to integrate into the curriculum.
- Develop a lesson plan and select appropriate productivity tools to enhance the lesson.
Readings will be provided online.
- Courses for Fall begin September 29 - December 14, 2014
A minimum $20 processing fee will be assessed per person for cancellations received after the start of the course. Refunds are not issued after the start of the course or after access to the course has been provided.