Technology and Ethics
Instructor: Les Roka
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
Partner Course Fee: $395
Technology and Ethics will examine the impact that cyber technology has on education. Copyright, intellectual property, privacy, free speech, and ethically responsible behavior are the challenges educators will address in this course. Educators will produce a course project designed to help educate and train the faculty, staff, and administration of their schools to best protect and instruct their students in areas pertaining to digital media and technology.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate ethical practices and emerging dilemmas tied to technology.
- Examine how online plagiarism and breach of intellectual property occur.
- Develop a position that balances free speech and the rights of the individual.
- Integrate ideas to prevent inappropriate and harmful online behavior.
- Develop a training session on ethics and the Internet for their home schools.
Readings will be provided online.
- Courses for Summer begin June 23 - August 31, 2014
- Courses for Fall begin September 29 - December 14, 2014