Poverty Part 3: Working with Parents & Students of Poverty
Instructor: Pat Anderson
Grading: Letter or S/U
Thursday, August 07, 2014 - Thursday, August 14, 2014
Meet Thursday [9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.] + reminder of the class independent study due August 14, 2014
Instruction Mode: Combination
Location: , Bismarck, ND
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $110
This course provides educators with strategies for assisting students in developing emotional resources, discipline strategies for students with hidden rules different from middle class, ways in which many boys of today are in crisis, strategies for working with parents of the under resourced learner and information about the community of poverty.
- Understand family structure and resulting behavior patterns in generational poverty.
- Understand how many boys today are in crisis.
- Understand the importance of relationships to students from poverty and learn ways to help students from poverty create relationships.
- Learn various discipline strategies that can reframe situations for students from poverty.
- Understand the advantages of establishing positive relationships with parents.
- Learn about the general community of poverty.
Attended Framework for Understanding Poverty, Part 1 & 2