Positive Discipline: A Powerful Approach to Classroom Management
Instructor: Lizz Goldman, Professional Development Institute
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $345
This online training course helps teachers to learn new and innovative ways for managing and controlling behavior using traditional and non-traditional, positive methods for discipline and order. Teachers will be provided with many resources and ideas to effectively manage their classrooms and student behavior while proactively promoting organization, communication, safety, structure, and a positive classroom environment that supports learning.
1. Teachers will learn what positive discipline is.
2. Teachers will learn strategies for dealing with specific difficult personality types.
3. Teachers will learn how to create a positive classroom image and promote an effective learning environment.
4. Teachers will gain new communication skills and classroom management techniques.
5. Teachers will understand how to establish rules and guidelines that students adhere to.
6. Teachers will learn how to create activities that foster interdependence among students.
7. Teachers will learn how to motivate students and get them interested in learning.
8. Teachers will learn how to handle difficult classroom situations.
9. Teachers will learn how to be more proactive.
10. Teacher will learn techniques for getting organized.
11. Teachers will learn how to communicate with parents.
12. Teachers will learn techniques for getting parents involved in their child’s education.
13. Teachers will learn how to find resources and forms online that can be used for supporting positive discipline.
14. Teachers will learn how to create a caring atmosphere where students feel comfortable and safe.
15. Teachers will learn strategies for dealing with bullying.
“Fires in the Mind: What Kids Can Tell Us About Motivation and Mastery” by Kathleen Cushman
Text can be found at Amazon.com or at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1118160215/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=1118160215&link_code=as3&tag=profesdevel00-20
The total cost includes the NDSU graduate credit however textbooks are not included.