The Power of the Female Brain
Instructor: Joseph C'de Baca
Spring, Summer & Fall (Ongoing)
Instruction Mode: Correspondence
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $365
Partner Class Offered Through Teachers Learning Center
This course will provide educators with the latest research on the Female Brain and the tools required to supercharge the Brain. Educators will be able to assist girls in the understanding of their brains potential and how it relates to personal behavior and achievement. The course examines the processes, uses and applications of female brain power in student health, regulation and maintenance. Educators will utilize these concepts in their teaching to improve student learning and motivation. Dietary, hormone issues and lifestyle behaviors are presented. Holistic health and feminine moods issues for human relations are explained. Teachers will develop lessons and activities as well as an essay explaining how the information can be implemented in classrooms and schools.
1. Students will learn about the latest research regarding the female brain and how to harness and optimize its unique strengths for personal and professional applications.
2. Teachers will learn about the latest research on the nutritional needs of the brain and how to balance and address hormones issues for maximum health benefits.
3. Educators will learn about controlling and soothing the brain's behaviors that can be applied in schools to improve teaching relationships and for motivating students.
4. Teachers will study the latest research on the frequency and effects of ADHD on the Female brain in order to address ADHD issues among girls in the school environment.
5. Teachers will develop an activity as well as examine their own health as it relates to working in today's schools and maximize their female brain power to change the world.
Unleash the Power of the Female Brain. by Dr. Daniel Amen. 2013. New York, NY: Harmony Books. 367 pages. Web resources at: http://www.amenclinics.com
Registration for Teacher's Learning Center (TLC) classes will take you to the registration form on the TLC website. Be sure to indicate you want the credit from NDSU.