Instructor: Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach & Christen Dodd
Monday, September 30, 2013 - Friday, November 01, 2013
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $125 + Partner Course Fee: $249
Now that forty-five states, the District of Columbia, four territories, and the Department of Defense Education Activity have adopted the Common Core State Standards, what does it mean for technology integration? In this course, participants will look at how to create technology-rich lessons that will incorporate and blend higher-order thinking, 21st Century skills and common core standards.
After completing this course educators will understand:
- What is the Common Core standards initiative;
- How the Common Core standards differ from State and Local standards;
- How standards will be assessed;
- How-to use collaborative tools to meet Common Core standards;
- How-to balance the demands of teaching and the Common Core with other curriculum;
- How-to create Common Core lessons and activities that incorporate 21st Century skills and tools.
Pre-registration is required with Powerful Learning Practice - http://shop.plpnetwork.com/common-core/