Educational Leadership in the Digital Age
Instructor: Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach & Christen Dodd
Monday, January 13, 2014 - Friday, February 14, 2014
Instruction Mode: Internet-Asynchronous (Online Class)
Academic Level: K-12 Professional Development
NDSU Credit Fee: $125 + Partner Course Fee: $249
School administrators are charged with leading their schools in a time of rapid change and ever-evolving digital technologies. It is imperative for school leaders to embrace innovative shifts in teaching and learning and incorporate emerging technologies and social media platforms to enhance their organization’s communications, collaborative efforts, and learning outcomes for students.
This eCourse will challenge administrators and school leaders to:
- Understand the role of the principal/school leader as lead learner in the organization;
- Become familiarized with ISTE’s NETS for Administrators as standards by which principals should strive to achieve digital age proficiencies;
- Explore the ways in which a principal can establish a digital footprint and harness the power of social media and digital technologies to improve communications both within and beyond their school communities, including the use of blogging to both communicate with their school community and support reflective practice;
- Learn to utilize the use of web tools such as Google Docs to provide opportunities for increased collaboration among stakeholders in the organization as well as tools for creativity and curation;
- Study the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and professional development that support digital age learning;
- Examine the transformation of pedagogy and supervision/evaluation practices supported by the use of digital tools;
- Engage in self-driven project work, the completion of which will broaden participants’ comfort with and use of tools that will support their current work in schools.
Pre-registration with Powerful Learning Practice is required -- http://shop.plpnetwork.com/educational-leadership-in-the-digital-age/