Reimagine Education During National Distance Learning Week
Posted on Nov, 13 2013
As people begin to reimagine education, participation in distance learning opportunities continues to grow year after year. As a result, the week of November 11 - 15, 2013 has been designated as National Distance Learning week. NDSU Distance and Continuing Education encourages individuals interested in distance learning to reimagine education as part of National Distance Learning week.
At NDSU Distance and Continuing Education we have helped to reimagine education through distance learning opportunities that offer access to an academically rigorous, demanding environment. The main reason individuals choose NDSU Distance and Continuing Education online degrees and classes is accessibility. Students frequently indicate that flexibility and convenience are important factors in enrolling in an online class. See the infographic below for additional reasons students choose online degrees.
Accessibility - The distance-learning format of NDSU Distance and Continuing Education online degrees and classes provides accessibility. Access to educational opportunities for individuals who cannot make it to campus is an important part of NDSU’s land grant mission. NDSU online degrees and classes have provided access to education for individuals in many different situations including the following.
- Individuals in rural areas who choose to stay in their community.
- Individuals stationed overseas who want to continue working toward their degree.
- Alumni who want to advance their education but are unable to move back to Fargo.
- Individuals who work full time and can’t make it to campus for traditional campus classes.
- Individuals with disabilities or chronic illnesses that make it difficult to attend a traditional class.
- Individuals nationwide who want to learn online from a top 108 research university.